Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Doctor He Will Not Be

While in Albuquerque, one of Connor and Colby's most favorite things is spending the day with my dad at his truck yard.

Last month we spent 10 days in Albuquerque so the boys were able to spend lots of time with Papa. My dad was up on a trailer and went to get down. He ended up loosing his footing and fell right in front of Colby. When he got up, his ring finger was pointing the wrong direction! Colby looked at it and ran far away!

Luckily, the finger was just dislocated; but, Colby couldn't stop having "sympathy pains"! In fact, that night, while my dad was sound asleep, Colby came into my room crying because he was afraid something might happen to his finger while he slept. I assured him that in 9 years of sleeping, nothing had ever happened to his fingers!

Today, Colby was helping Chris lay some flagstone pavers. All of a sudden Chris yelled out in pain. He had smashed his finger in between two pavers. Chris was wearing gloves so we couldn't see any damage. However, Colby was quick to go to another part of the yard!

I ran into the house to get some ice and Colby stuck his head in and said, "If everything is OK and there is no blood, you can yell at me and I'll come back!"

I am willing to bet that Colby will not be going to medical school!!

No comments: