Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Take Out Or Delivery??

Proverbs 31:14-16
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark; she provides for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

As much as I would like to be the proper Proverbs 31 women, I'm far from it! I might be like her in the fact that I bring our food from afar -- of course, Wal-mart is only about 10 minutes away! I do get up while it is dark -- but that is to pour a bowl of cereal for my boys before school and pack a lunch full of convenience items like prepackaged chips, cookies, etc! We did try to grow a small garden one year, but raccoons or squirrels ate our crops before we could pick them...

When Chris and I got married, I didn't really know how to cook -- heck, I really didn't know how to do laundry either!

He came from a Southern mom who cooked everything from scratch. I came from a mom who liked to go out to eat. :)

At one of our wedding showers, my mother-in-law gave us a recipe book filled with handwritten recipes of all of Chris's favorites. Hmmm....

For the first three years, Chris did all the cooking. Then, he got a job and the cooking responsibilities fell on me. As hard as I tried to be organized, I could guarantee that as soon as I got every pot out and began cooking, I would realize I was missing the key ingredient and have to run to the store. Needless to say, cooking is not my thing.

I would love to love cooking - except for the fact that I just don't LIKE to cook. Heck, I watch lots of shows on Food Network. Unfortunately, osmosis doesn't work! I have even thought of taking some cooking classes.

My most favorite meals are the kinds that don't make a big mess and don't take a lot of time.

Crockpot meals!

I haven't had much luck at finding great crockpot recipes. Usually everything is very dry and ho-hum. So, I was very excited when one of my friends on Facebook asked for crockpot ideas. She received about 25 of them and I quickly wrote them down. We are trying the first one tonight.

Tonight we are having a Beef Stroganoff...or, we may be ordering a pizza!

No comments: