Monday, September 27, 2010

A Hint Of Fall

When I opened the door for Connor to catch the bus this morning, I thought I might freeze! Now, granted, it was probably in the low 60's...but, to me that IS freezing!!

Nothing gets me in the mood for Fall like a crispness in the air. Fall is my most favorite season...
My birthday is in the Fall;
the Fall starts all of the big, fun holidays of the year;
while growing up, Fall meant going to the State Fair and eating junk food, riding rides, and rodeos;
hot air balloons fill the Albuquerque sky in the Fall;
the leaves change to all shades of brilliant colors;
my makeup doesn't melt off my face in the Fall;
I get to change my wardrobe from shorts to jeans!

Living in Houston makes it a toss-up on how long my Fall may be. In fact, today may be it! It is not unusual for us to have a few beautiful days and then for the temperature to spike into the 90's again! There is nothing that makes me more frustrated than pouring sweat while hanging up Fall wreaths and setting out pumpkins! I have even decorated our Christmas tree in shorts before!

The only downside I see of Fall is all the leaves and needles that collect in our pool. The pool causes more work in the Fall than any other time of year. However, this afternoon while I was emptying skimmer baskets and hauling leaves out with the net, I began wondering why God made different seasons. Did He really think through the fact that people may not WANT to be hot or cold their entire lives? That we would like some variety in our year? I know He probably didn't do it so my makeup wouldn't melt anymore!

He made the seasons in the beginning.
Genesis 1:14
And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years,"

He had a plan. Maybe He did think, "One day Davedda is going to question My reasoning for seasons in a blog."

Of course, there are SO many things that I wonder about. But He is God and He doesn't have to tell us His reasoning! We just get to reap the benefits of His power and abilities. And, I get to pull out my comfy sweaters!
Whatever reason He had for seasons, I am thankful He did. Because I know that come December 21, I'll be ready for Summer again!

No comments: