Sunday, September 26, 2010

When Did I Become One Of THOSE Moms?


Fall baseball is in full swing. Colby started playing last weekend. Connor had his first tournament this weekend.

We have been playing baseball in the Marshall family since Connor was 3. I have always been his strongest supporter and even if he didn't play to his fullest potential, I would tell him he did a great job -- or at least looked good doing it!

After Connor's first game this morning, we went and ate some lunch. We were discussing some plays he had made -- one of which he bobbled the ball and didn't catch it but did recover in time to get a guy out at second base. Chris asked what happened and Connor explained and said that at least he got the guy out at second and Chris agreed with him. Without missing a beat or even thinking about what I was about to say, I said, "Yeah. But if you had caught that ball you would have had a double play!"

I guess I've become a REAL baseball mom!

No comments: