Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Power of a Praying Parent

Today I went to my first Mom's In Touch International prayer group.

For years I had heard about a group of women getting together on the first day of school to pray for their kids, the teachers, the schools. But, I had never attended. I allowed the excitement of finally being by myself keep me from doing something important!

This year I went with a friend who invited me on the first day of school -- thinking that it was a one day thing. At the end of the meeting, I found out that it was a once a week commitment per school. So, because I have two boys in two different schools, I would have a twice a week commitment. At first I was not sure about that. How selfish is that? That I would not go pray for my children, their teachers and other students because it took TWO hours out of my week...

Today was the day to pray for the high school students. I met about 15 women who I had never met before who were there for the same purpose: to pray. There were no refreshments, no coffee, not much chit chat. Just to the point praying.

It was a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this group to any mom who KNOWS how important it is to pray for her kids.

I am already looking forward to next week!


No comments: