Saturday, September 4, 2010

Roadtrip

Today we went on a roadtrip.

There is nothing like a roadtrip. Although, I guess everyone has a different outlook on roadtrips.

Before Chris and I got married, a roadtrip to him was stopping once for gas over a 10 hour drive. A roadtrip to me was stopping at every stop we could. For example, I went to college 3 1/2 hours from my house. There was a McDonalds 1 1/2 hours into the drive and another McDonalds about 1 hour later. I would stop at BOTH of them! Needless to say, when Chris and I started traveling together, it was a shock to his system! I do have him well-trained after all these years though!

My sister and her husband and their four kids live in the Dallas area. They are four hours away from us and, sadly, we normally only see each other when we are all in Albuquerque! Today, we went to see them.

We had to make our stops...but what fun stops we made!


Buc-ees is a little piece of heaven on earth. In fact, Chris asked me if I thought there would be a Buc-ees in heaven.

For those of you who have not been blessed with a visit to Buc-ees, please find one and go--preferably the Buc-ees in Madisonville,TX. That is the best Buc-ees ever!

When you walk into a Buc-ees, you don't know which way to go first. The first place I go is to the restroom--which are the CLEANEST bathrooms ever!! There is even two Germ-ex dispensers in each bathroom stall!!

Next there are two walls of beverage choices, the standard convenience store food, and a huge deli section that includes the BEST jerky. My boys LOVE their jerky!


Then there is the shopping!! Lots of beautiful home decor, candles and accessories. Next door to the "convenience store" is the Outdoor Buc-ees. This store would make a hunting-loving family drool!

After making our purchases of snacks and drinks, we got to Danette's and dropped off the cargo we were taking and loaded into the cars to go...eat!

Burgers and fries at Burger Island. Yum!


Six hours later, we were back at Buc-ees for more snacks and drinks! And a hug from Mr. Bear!

I guess MY outlook of roadtrips is food!!

No comments: